This time last year

 My phone shows me photos from last year at this time. My kids in piles of leaves, Henry only crawling, a miniature version of Bernadette, and screenshots of various research I was doing of health issues. I look at photos of my face and wonder how different I look. Pictures of symptoms, not yet linked to Lyme.

Overall, a very unsure and scary time, as I parented while being wholly distracted by my deteriorating health. Between Bernadette's Birthday Party (Sept 1st) and mid-October I lost 20 lbs. No ryhme or reason to it. It was a good thing, though, as that was a huge help in trying to distinguish the cause. 

It was Christmas Eve when I finally determined the cause to be the tick bite, the bacteria, rickettsia and lyme. It took another 3 months to get proof in the form of proper test results. And another 9 months before I got treatment. 

Here I am, a year later, relieved and able to parent with 100 percent of my energy and 100 percent of my mind. To say I am relieved is an understatement. 

The treatment is long, but I trust the process as I don't know how much damage this bacteria has done, so I'll take it all till it's done. Even though I feel better, I'd hate to stop treatment and have it all come rushing back. And I also wonder when all the tissues that got eaten up will come back. Does that sort of thing take years to grow back? My bones just sit right below the surface now, like I could reach in and pluck my muscle right out. 

Last fall, Henry still in a stroller.



This photo sits in the middle, a potential suspect, not yet confirmed.


My face looking a little puffier, Henry still a baby.



The day I woke up with a rash over my eye after eating cashews.




Comments

Popular Posts