Vaccination day

My body has not been my own for quite a  long time. It is now April 2021. 


In November 2016 I became pregnant. It was fun and new and exciting. I grew baby and followed with 2 years of breastfeeding which overlapped with pregnancy number 2. Tack on another year of breastfeeding which overlapped with 8 months of Lyme disease from a dirty tick bite I never consented to. 

The aches and pains of pregnancy have been replaced by the aches and pains of Lyme, and I long for the day that I will wake up in the morning and stand on my feet, no swelling whatsoever. 


I just received my vaccine. The last time something punctured my skin I got very sick. Hoping it doesn’t happen this time.

Hoping the next time they stick a needle in my arm for an iv it’s full of antibiotics to rid me of this gross bacteria that’s taken up residence in my tissues. 


What a trip

Got choked up on the way here

Imagined a cartoon, a photo of a needle bursting with images of all the things we’ve gone without


I’m grateful for a govt that did what it did

Every regulation etc


Again, feeling pretty emotional. It’s done. I’m sitting here feeling everything from the last year, all the weirdness, all the nervous covid tests, all the worry, all the hinshaw updates, all the zoom calls and Skype calls. 

My poor little boy and his first year.


And now my 15 mins of waiting post vac is done and I can go on with my life.

Thank you modern medicine and everyone that made this happen. Much love. 

Comments

Popular Posts