Better postpartum coverage

When we talk about getting back after having a baby it’s not to our pre baby weight but our pre baby feeling. 

We’re talking about recovering, the way one would recover from a surgery, which is sometimes what labour was, an actual surgery. 

When we’re talking about kegels, we don’t mean exercising our vaginas so they’re tighter and men get more pleasure while having sex (ask any man, and this misconception may reveal itself). It’s because sometimes our insides start falling down without the pelvic floor support and kegels help keep the organs in place, like a hammock. Actually 1 in 3 women have pelvic floor dysfunction yet most people don’t even know what those words mean. Start writing about it properly, everybody. By everybody I mean: the media, columnists, my baby app, bloggers, women, men, everybody. And don’t stop until everyone knows about the above. 





Comments

Kelsey Connell said…
Amen to that! 2 c-sections and a 2nd degree tear after my third and I’m a mess. So many women, I find it especially common with older women, laugh about their lack of pelvic control. “I can’t do jumping jacks! I’ll piss myself,” they laugh. Umm what!!?? Not normal ladies!

Popular Posts