My hands don’t look right

The doc called today to tell me I’m positive for rickettsia. I don’t know what that is really, beyond being a tick-borne bacteria. The full name of the test I tested positive for is rickettsia typhus group. 

All she said was that they don’t know if it’s a current or past infection, according to the test. Ha. Take a wild guess. So they’re re-testing. Took 60 days for the first test to come back so this should be fun. 

Sent the results to my parents. The word typhus scared my dad, told me typhus was how Anne Frank died. Told me it was called a concentration camp disease. Surely this is a different typhus, we both agreed.

My mom read the fine print and got mad that the recommendation is to re-test between 10-21 days from the original test. It has been 60. Probably covid-related.

So I sent all the doctors the shit and spent the rest of the day watching my hands and angrily writing a tweet in my head I never actually wrote, about how this will never be fixed as long as politicians don’t have to go through the same avenue as us to get medical treatment.

Anyway, here is a photo of my hand.








Comments

Popular Posts