Happy apocalypse

I went to work to pick up my monitors to start preparing for working from home.

A year ago I left the Pi office so pregnant and healthy and happy. Everyone took me out for lunch and gave me a basket of goodies for baby. I’m so lucky. 

Fast forward a year and the office lights are all off, in the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Every surface holds sanitizer, wipes, gloves, signs of the last 12 months. 

Someone stole my chair and my keyboard. I find my keyboard in some other office but no sign of my awesomely comfy chair. Fuckers.

I grab my things and my hands are unrecognizable, bony, the skin folding weird. What an intense year. What a reminder that we’re not invincible, even in a first world country. What a reminder that we’re not all guaranteed to live until our 90s. What an honour to just be here in the first place. 

I have baby though, and he’s healthy. Yin and yang, good and bad, suffering and...... what’s the opposite? 



Interesting.
Surrendering.

Maybe that’s what this year was all about. Surrendering. 

Comments

Popular Posts