The Lump Part 2

 The lump on my thumb is being removed in 8-10 weeks at Peter Lougheed hospital. I wait by my phone with baited breathe. 

They will send the lump for testing. Those test results should help me better understand it's connection to Lyme. 

But the key takeaway from my meeting with a plastic surgeon was when he noticed the folds in my skin, the way my tissues have deteriorated and he told me what it's called. Of course it has a name, and of course no one else has helped me understand what's happening. It's called Muscle Wasting he said. He seemed concerned, investigated it a little and then said "We'll deal with one thing at a time" then left the room telling me to expect a phone call. 

Google says: Muscle wasting is a loss of muscle mass due to the muscles weakening and shrinking. There are several possible causes of muscle wasting, including certain medical conditions, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

Also: Myositis is a rare manifestation of Lyme disease of unknown pathogenesis. 

That's all I've got for today.

Comments

Popular Posts