Ups and downs

I’m struggling to bend the fingers on my one hand. I got out my guitar, figured I should play it before my hands stop working altogether. It’s close. 3-9 months maybe? 




I met someone in the Lyme group who lives in Nova Scotia and whose illness most closely resembles mine. But she’s had it for 5 years, not 1. Her list of symptoms was a scary glimpse into my future.
Maybe.
Depending on what happens with me and my treatment in the next while.

Had a great day yesterday, a tough day today. Might be getting hit with the post-weaning blues today too.

Looked into filing a complaint with the college of doctors, but it’s just so exhausting. That’s the problem with this problem. The disease takes enough out of you, that there’s no room for the fight. And by the time you escape the disease, I can see not wanting to go back to pick the fight up again. 

Sometimes I need to remember to push all the tests and doctors and world of doubt surrounding this away. Bring it back to just my body, a bacteria is in my blood and I alone am in this. Just like otzi the iceman. Me and otzi have more in common then me and Steve Burgoyne. And I like that.

My body knows what to do. That man does not.
Trust my body.

Comments

Popular Posts