The world out there

 It doesn't look good out there, people seem to be turning on each other. They could use a perspective shift.

So I'll just turn some music on and continue folding the laundry because I can't participate. Not in the criticism, the divisive discussions, the censorship, the worry, the fear, the politics. None of it. 

When I thought Burns wasn't going to make it everything else fell away, including the Lyme. It was peanuts in comparison. But now he's going to be ok, and I can't shake the feeling that the Lyme might still be peanuts. I needed the perspective shift. I wonder if I have some sort of post-traumatic response to death. I am so relieved and keep bugging him now, because I can, as he recovers in a hospital bed. What a happy ending.  

Carly Power says that maybe my brain needs an end to Ryan's story, that maybe it can't accept the abrupt end. And I liked that. So I'm going to search around for it in my head. Do some digging into what I believe happens to a person when they die, try and find an ending.

Also thought I should share this. 



Comments

Popular Posts