Fired up

With no time or place to put the fire.

More ticks, less help. 

I get lost down these rabbit holes of bullshit medical websites about Lyme disease and the information or lack thereof infuriates me. Specifically the website of the professionals that received the 4 million dollars of federal funding. There are no resources, no voice of patients, no information. Some bullshit pillar of honesty and integrity instead. The only thing that feels better is imagining their crisp white dress shirts covered in ticks. And then their skin crawling for months and then years and watching them deteriorate. 

These people, these professionals are ignoring patients with tick bites that are getting increasingly more ill. I showed him the tick, I showed him the rapidly deteriorating tissues in my bony hands. 

Ignore it, he said.

Some days I’m so infuriated I can’t breathe. Sick people fighting with people in suits in parliament. 

Comments

Popular Posts